The Sandwich/Food Prep Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking breakfast Panini as ordered and fulfilling other food orders during the breakfast shift. They will also prep lunch Panini sandwiches prior to the lunch rush.
Positions may be full-time or part-time based on scheduling needs. Shifts will vary. Position needs to be available to work any shift during open business hours. This is a non-exempt position therefore will be eligible for overtime pay if approved and assigned by the Business Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on shift(s) assigned, completes business opening activities (e.g. equipment ready, food stocked, etc.) prior to start of business hours and/or completes business closing activities (e.g. cleaning, food stored properly, etc.) daily according to procedures and opening/closing checklists.
- Prepares and cooks breakfast Panini to order during the breakfast shift. Prepares other food items ordered for breakfast and serves to customers in drive thru and in store.
- Prepares lunch Panini sandwiches for lunch/dinner periods and places them in the bakery display case (to be cooked when ordered). Prepares daily soup for lunch service.
- Monitors food items for sandwich prep and restocks as needed. Alerts Manager On-Duty when ingredients may need to be reordered.
- Restocks bakery items in display case at end of shift.
- Busses dishes and washes as needed during shift.
- Keeps work area neat and clean throughout shift.
- Follows food handling procedures to ensure food safety. May monitor time/temperature of foods and complete appropriate logs.
- Handles customer complaints during shift and takes authorized actions to correct situation to customer’s satisfaction.
- May accept coffee shop deliveries; inspects packages for damage, measures temperature as needed, and inspects frozen foods for signs of thawing, and processes invoice/paperwork as needed and gives it to the Business Manager. If packages may need to be rejected, contacts the Manager On-Duty. Ensures all product is properly inventoried and stored according to procedures.
- Reports operational issues to Manager On-Duty.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of health department requirements for safe food handling (training may be provided).
- Must be knowledgeable of policies and procedures of KaPow Comics & Coffee (will be provided) and ability to follow and implement them.
- At least one (1) year work experience in a food preparation position required.
- Demonstrable effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with long periods of standing, handling cleaning chemicals, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge and interest in comic books/characters a plus.