Cashiers are responsible for taking customer orders and completing the payment transaction. They will serve non-Espresso beverages and food to customers.
Positions may be full-time or part-time based on scheduling needs. Shifts will vary. Position needs to be available to work any shift during open business hours. This is a non-exempt position therefore will be eligible for overtime pay if approved and assigned by the Business Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on shift(s) assigned, completes business opening activities (e.g. equipment ready, food stocked, etc.) prior to start of business hours and/or completes business closing activities (e.g. cleaning, food stored properly, etc.) daily according to procedures and opening/closing checklists.
- Takes customer orders, enters order into POS and completes payment transaction.
- May manage the drive-up order window; fulfills non-espresso drink orders and some food orders at the order window; monitors car line and alerts Manager On-Duty when assistance is needed to keep the line moving.
- Monitors To-Go cups and other To-Go service items during shift and restocks as needed.
- Monitors items in bakery display case during shift. Restock as needed.
- Busses dishes and washes as needed during shift.
- Keeps work area neat and clean throughout shift.
- Follows cash handling and Point of Sale system processing procedures including completing a Cashier Shift Report at the end of each shift.
- Follows food handling procedures to ensure food safety. May monitor time/temperature of foods and complete appropriate logs.
- Handles customer complaints during shift and takes authorized actions to correct situation to customer’s satisfaction.
- May accept coffee shop deliveries; inspects packages for damage, measures temperature as needed, and inspects frozen foods for signs of thawing, and processes invoice/paperwork as needed and gives it to the Business Manager. If packages may need to be rejected, contacts the Manager On-Duty. Ensures all product is properly inventoried and stored according to procedures.
- May assist with training new staff.
- Reports operational issues to Manager On-Duty.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of health department requirements for safe food handling (training may be provided).
- Must be knowledgeable of policies and procedures of KaPow Comics & Coffee (will be provided) and ability to follow and implement them.
- At least one (1) year work experience in a cash handling position required.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of previous coffee shop experience.
- Demonstrable effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with long periods of standing, handling cleaning chemicals, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge and interest in comic books/characters a plus.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; college courses or degree preferred.